The Doughboy Difference
Doughboy pools don't limit you! Many of these pools can be buried underground. Not only that, Doughboy's pools will give you a true deep end to your aboveground pool. These pools and liners are designed to handle the impact of a deep-end.
Doughboy pool walls are made from a heavier copper bearing steel than the industry standard to give you a stronger pool wall. You'll feel the difference! The Zinc Clad Hot-Dipped Galvanized Steel Walls receive numerous protective coatings with a special Epoxy coating on the inside of the pool wall to give you one more barrier to corrosion and condensation. Exclusive Slide-Bar wall connectors continously join the pool walls together for structural integrity and easy assembly. The result is a seamless and smooth swimming environment.
When it comes to stability, Doughboy is serious! Vertical end caps are 50% heavier than most brands and made from 18 gauge galvanized steel. You'll get extra stability at the base and top of your pool. Holes are pre-punched and exact, no slotted holes here, these pools are designed for exact installation. With exact hardware holes,you'll get better stability than a slotted hole which could possibly result in movement of the pool.
Doughboy's steel verticals are made with a 3-piece construction for extra strength and rigidity. Pushing the standards, Doughboy's verticals are approximately 50% heavier than other brands and coated with a 7-step process on BOTH sides to provide maximum corrosion resistance and durability.
Top rails are made from 20 gauge steel and because Doughboy knows these get the most use, they're sturdier than the competition. Not only that, but when you are looking at a different pool, count the number of verticals and top rails. Chances are Doughboy has more.
All Doughboys have a Com-Pac II™ Oval Support System with steel construction to give you a stylish, one-part tapered design that only exposes 9" of support rails giving you a more attractive pool. This technology can also help you accomodate a large pool in backyard that other pools might not fit in. The interlocking frame structure adds strength and stability while making installations easier!
Doughboy has an exclusive skimmer design that allows surface debris to be removed faster than other skimmers and hold twice as much water as some other competitors. Doughboy has a bigger skimmer basket and the magnum weir prevents trapped debris from re-entering the pool.
Pool care - did you know? Doughboy skimmers have an exclusive vacuum port built into the faceplate to hookup your vacuum. No more struggling to properly connect the hose and loose suction.
Warranty? All Doughboy pools have industry leading warranties. Oh, and the bottom rails come with a 100% lifetime warranty!
It's easy to see why many people have chosen a Doughboy Pool over the competition. Doughboy gives you exclusive technology to provide years of use and easy maintenance.
DOUGHBOY INGROUND OR ABOVEGROUND POOLS
Let us come out to your proposed pool site for a free site evaluation on a turn key experience.We also build custom decks, gazebos and fencing.We have been a Doughboy Premier Dealer for over 25 years and would not think of selling any other brand of above ground pools.They are absolutely the best!
The pool, deck,bar and pergola was built in Waynesville, NC in 2010
Before making your pool purchase, please take an opportunity to learn more about the distinct difference owning a Doughboy pool can make. After weighing your options we are confident that you’ll agree...It’s Gotta Be A Doughboy!
A Pool Buyer's Guide
- Doughboy understands that there are many choices to consider in today's above-ground pool market. That’s why we want to help you become a more informed buyer.
- Doughboy pools are the single most adaptable pools on the market today. Whether you want an above-ground pool or an in-ground look, Doughboy has the answer! Our pool’s unparalleled strength and quality are unmatched in the industry.
- Doughboy invented the first portable pool over 60 years ago. Since then it has been our goal to give our consumers peace of mind about the longevity, maintenance, and safety of a Doughboy pool.
Steel or Resin?
- With Doughboy, your choice between the two are equal. Doughboy pool frames are designed to last, whether they are made from steel or resin. The only choice you will need to make is deciding which of our beautifully designed pools you want in your backyard.
Safely Designed for Peace of Mind
- No one takes the issue of pool safety more seriously than we do: Our ground-breaking work with the US Consumer Products Safety Commission, whose motto is “Saving Lives and Keeping Families Safe”, has resulted in an industry-leading safety program that is a part of every Doughboy pool.
Memories for a Lifetime!
- At Doughboy, we know the number one reason people buy a pool is to make memories - so we build our pools to last for a “Lifetime of Memories”. Our top-of-the-line pools are under warranty for the entire time you own them!
- Doughboy offers an excellent assortment of pool sizes in both round and oval configurations to perfectly compliment your backyard.
- Be assured that when we give you a pool dimension it is a “true” size based on the inside pool wall. Our pools also have a “true” vertical and top rail measurement. These dimensions are measured by a straight vertical dimension – not a wrap-around measurement of the rail.
- Made from heavier copper bearing steel than industry standards for a stronger pool wall. Ours are 30-60 lbs. heavier than other brands. Ask your dealer to show you our wall weight.
- A Doughboy Exclusive! – Our Zinc Clad Hot-Dipped Galvanized Steel Wall receives numerous protective coatings, along with a special Epoxy coating on the inside of the pool wall providing the best defense against corrosion and condensation.
- Deep, balanced corrugation offers wall flexibility and vertical strength. Doughboy pool walls have more corrugation per inch than any other brand.
- Exclusive! Slide-Bar wall connector continuously joins the pool walls together for complete structural integrity and ease of assembly. This creates a seamless and smooth swimming environment.
- Unlike our competitors, we do not use unattractive nuts and bolts that weaken the wall structure.
Vertical End Caps - "the Anchor" of any Pool
- Doughboy vertical end caps are made from 18 gauge galvanized steel – 50% heavier than most brands. This provides added stability at the base and the top of the pool.
- Exact, pre-punched holes assure structural integrity and allow for a more precise installation. Other brands use slotted holes which cost less to produce but weaken the stability of their pools. Test and compare us to other brands by vigorously shaking the top rail. You can feel the stability!
- Made from better-than-industry-standard gauge steel which increases stability. (Approximately 50% heavier than other brands)
- Doughboy steel verticals are made with 3-piece construction for extra strength and rigidity.
- All steel verticals and top rails are coated with a 7-step coating process on both sides to insure maximum corrosion resistance and superior durability.
Top Rails (Top Seats)
- Steel top rails made from 20 gauge steel are sturdier than our competitors’ rails. That’s because we understand the top rails get more use than any other part of the pool.
- Count the number of verticals and top rails and compare – we provide more than any other brand – increasing the strength and lifetime performance!
All Doughboy Pools Have...
- Com-Pac II™ Oval Support System with steel construction that offers a stylish, one-part tapered design that only exposes 9 inches of the support for a more attractive appearance. This helps accommodate larger pool models in smaller backyards.
- Interlocking frame structure adds strength and stability to our pools. Plus it’s easier to install!
- Premium-gauge steel used for the bottom rails is made with a 7-step process to insure a long, trouble free life. They are backed with a 100% lifetime warranty!
- Have more skimming surface area that removes surface debris much faster!
- Allow for more pool water height fluctuation – reducing the need to frequently add water!
- Hold twice the water volume than the competition’s so called “wide-mouth skimmers”! Theirs just funnels water into a smaller opening, restricting the amount of water flowing through the skimmer outlet!
- Have a basket that is twice the size of the competition – for fewer trips to clean it! The magnum weir in our skimmer prevents trapped debris from re-entering the pool when the pump is switched off.
- Have an exclusive vacuum port built into their faceplate enabling direct hookup of vacuums! Other skimmers connect over the top rail or through a separate plate that is near the water’s surface. Their design can draw in air that can cause the pump to fail!
- Have warranties four times longer than the competition’s 90-day warranties!
- 100% Virgin-Vinyl Formula. No Reprocessed Material is Used. Manufactured by Doughboy to our rigid specifications to provide a soft, flexible, top-quality liner.
- Manufactured with a specialized formulation proven over the years for superior quality. Materials used in formulation have low-temperature plastizers and stabilizers to assure low-temperature flexibility and durability. Our liners are the highest quality liners on the market today.
- Extruded in our own manufacturing facility and assembled using the latest technological processes. Our ExclusiveTherma-Seal™ Technology, a proprietary fusion method, provides superior sealing for maximum durability and quality. We are so confident in the seam that we back all of our liner seams with a 100% lifetime warranty.
- Exclusive! 20 and 25 Mil "True" Expandable Liners are designed to expand smoothly into an Optional Special-Purpose Deep Swimming Area for Underwater Swimming Only. No Jumping. No Diving.
- All Doughboy liners exceed industry standards for weight and thickness assuring our liners will out perform our competition. Our liners are a “True Mil” measure. Don’t be confused by the “gauge” game our competitors play. Some will call their liner 20 gauge or 20 weight when they really measure only 15 Mil (.015”) in thickness or less. Ask your dealer to weigh a Doughboy liner!
Stainless steel panels - fact or fiction?
- Some above-ground pools today have stainless steel panels at the skimmer opening to prevent rusting of the pool wall. This solution will cause a problem called “Dissimilar Metal Corrosion” (when two different types of metals - ie. galvanized steel and stainless - are bolted together). Over time this will cause the wall at the two connection points to rust away and lead to pool failure. In the past, this type of pool panel was nicknamed a “Blow-out Panel” as a result of the corrosion. This practice also takes away from the beauty of your pool.
- Doughboy’s procedures include a flattened area in the corrugation around our skimmer/return openings. A special U-gasket is used to protect the raw edge of the steel to assure a no-leak skimmer installation.
- Our walls also have the most advanced coatings, further protecting them from the elements. This eliminates the need for a stainless steel panel, and maintains the structural integrity and beauty of your Doughboy pool!